12 Healthy Habits to Adopt and Do Daily
Some of us are living that in-a-rush, busy kind of life. Others may not have put too much thought in it. Or maybe we just need a reminder. Whatever it is. Here’s 12 habits we should all get in the habit of doing:
- Start your day with a glass of water. Your body needs water after so many hours of sleep. You haven’t drank any water in that time and your body could be dehydrated, even if just so slightly. Drinking water gives you a bit of energy and life.
- Develop a growth mindset. If you follow the link, you’ll get a more in detail article on what a growth mindset is and can do for a person. Basically, instead of thinking what is will be, you change your thoughts to think what is can still improve.
- Exercise regularly. It is scientifically proved that regular exercise helps the body and mind. I (not a doctor or medical professional) recommend at least 20–30 mins every day to help improve your daily life.
- Use a foam roller after your workout. A foam roller helps stimulate your body after a work out. Also, it helps with current soreness and avoiding any soreness you may feel later.
- Stretch. Stretching helps stimulate the body. It keeps the muscles flexible, strong, and healthy, and we need that flexibility to maintain a range of motion in the joints. Otherwise, the muscles shorten and tighten. (still not a doctor or medical professional) recommend at least 15 mins every day to help improve your daily life.
- Develop a night time routine. Having a routine at night helps tell your brain it is time for bed. Therefore, when you do lay down in bed, your body won’t have a hard time falling asleep.
- Walk more. Walking is a form of exercise. So, instead of parking in the closest parking spot you can find, park a bit further and walk. Just find little ways to move more. Simple tiny changes can make the biggest difference.
- Stay hydrated. Water. WATER. I cannot stress it enough. However, staying hydrated can be with juice and other drinkables as well. Though, I DO recommend water.
- Add vegetables to your meals. A meal should consist of a carbohydrate-rich food, a protein-rich food and vegetables. That’s what makes a balanced meal. Many of us never eat veggies, when they are so important. They are actually supposed to be the biggest part of our meals. Veggies help our metabolism and our organs running efficiently.
- Get a good night’s sleep. This one shouldn’t be too hard, as everyone loves to sleep. Sleeping the recommended time, help keep our brain functioning properly. Think about a day you didnt sleep too well. That day, I’m sure, you were feeling a bit off or unfocused. That’s simply because of not sleeping or not sleeping well or enough. Doctors recommend 6–8 hours of sleep every night.
- Get fresh air. Being cooped up indoors can disconnect you from the outside world. Getting a bit of fresh air allows you mind and body to relax, if even for a short period of time. Take a few mins to go outside and relax.
- Smile. Laugh. Daily. They say smiling tricks our minds to feel happy even if just for a quick moment. Even when you’re feeling bad, its good to find something that makes us laugh or even smile. They also say that you live longer if you’re living life happy. So, smile and laugh and be happy. You’re alive. That’s a good thing.
We only have ONE body. Take care of yours.
Originally published at https://www.elizabethlisiramirez.com on June 19, 2020.